Tue, September 22
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
What you’ll learn
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
- How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers
Each week, we will watch online lectures by David Malan, on our own, and then meet at the MGHPCC to discuss the weeks topics, answer questions, and work on the problem sets. We will meet Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm at the MGHPCC beginning September 22nd and ending on December 15th.
A 13-week course, Introduction to Computer Science is suitable for interested teenagers and adults. No programming experience is necessary, but a certain level of commitment is required. This is a self-paced course and is not graded, though it is possible to receive a certificate from HarvardX if you wish.
SIMILAR UPCOMING EVENTS
Bookings are closed for this event.
Support Holyoke Codes
Holyoke Codes offers free coding and robotics education to students in Holyoke. Your support will help bring computer science opportunities to more kids. Any amount helps. Thank you!