Upon arrival you will be assigned a class but this may change before matches begin depending on how many teams are in each class. There are three classes:
Robots built completely from LEGO Mindstorms EV3, NXT, or other LEGO brand parts. Must have a starting size of less than 9 cubic inches, but may expand after the match starts.
Robots may be built from any material as long as it complies with all other rules. Must have a starting size of less than 6 cubic inches and weight less than 0.5 pounds. The robot may expand after the match starts.
Robots may be built from any material as long as it complies with all other rules. Must have a starting size of less than 9 cubic inches and weight less than 1 pound. The robot may expand after the match starts.
- Intent to damage another robot is grounds for an instant disqualification. This will be up the the judges discretion.
- Intent to prevent another robot from competing is grounds for an instant disqualification. This will be up the the judges discretion.
- Intent to damage the field is grounds for an instant disqualification. This will be up the the judges discretion.
- The robot can not cause harm to any players, judges, or spectators before, during, or after a match.
- No liquids, powders, gases, or any substance designed to be thrown on the field, or at another robot is allowed.
- No projectiles of any kind are allowed.
- No flammable or explosive components are allowed outside of normal operating parts. (ie. batteries)
- No devices/materials may be used to increase adhesion to the field beyond tire and body materials.
- When undergoing inspection the robot must comply with all above rules at the same time. If you fail inspection, when reinspecting at a later point the inspection will be restarted.
- The inspector must be able to run their hands completely over the robot without risk of injury. If an edge is deemed too sharp it must be covered in tape.
- The stop button or kill switch and match timer should be demonstrated to the inspector.
- The robot will be weighed and measured to its class requirements. If it expands beyond its original size it must be demonstrated to the inspector.
- The inspector has the ability to give leeway when measuring or weighing, but do not rely on this to pass inspection.
- The inspector must be able to place a standard index card under your robot and have it not stick for longer than 2 seconds.
- If in the LEGO class all parts must be branded officially by LEGO and not have any modifications made to them.
- In the Small and Large class all parts must have a individual cost of less than $50, and be sanded or protected to keep from damaging any individual who may interact with the robot.
- Only one battery/battery pack will be allowed on the robot at anytime and must be contained within the robot where it cannot be punctured.
- The robots must be operated completely autonomously from the robot itself. No wireless or tethered connections are allowed at any point during a match.
- Any changes to code on the robot must be made within the pit, and not on the field.
- The robot must be able to be started or stopped with a button or switch clearly and easily accessible from the top of the robot.
- When the above switch is on the robot should act as if a match has started, and when turned off the robot should turn completely off.
- Upon starting the robot for the match it must wait 5 seconds before moving, allowing time for the judges to clear the field.
- After the initial 5 second start time they must operate for 30 seconds before stopping.
- After the 30 seconds the program does not needs to fully end operation, but the robot must stop moving in any way.
- A match consists of 5 rounds, each 30 seconds long (not including the 5 second lead in time).
- The robot must begin behind the starting line on your side of the ring. When the match begins, competitors will start the robots.
- During each match you can gain or lose points in several ways
- +1 Point for being the last robot on the field
- +1 Point for staying on the field
- – 5 Points for not moving during a match
- Disqualification for intentionally damaging a robot
|Material||Laminate coated wood|
|Starting line thickness||1 cm|
|Starting line length||10 cm|
|Starting line separation||10 cm|
|Border width||2.5 cm|